Ever get the impression that bedtime seems more like a warzone than a time for rest?
It really doesn’t make any sense. You’d expect after a whole day of running around, screaming and playing that they’d be pretty tired. It’s funny but not in that ha ha way because you feel absolutely exhausted.…….
You go through the routine of bath time or showers, brush your teeth put on your pj’s and some quiet time before bed and suddenly all hell breaks loose - I’m hungry, I’m not tired, read me a story, there’s a monster in my closet etc etc. Any excuse to get out of bed and not go to sleep.
Why is this happening? Is this karma for past offences I’ve committed? I’m guessing it has nothing to do with your past but with so many potential reasons, it’s impossible to say what the exact problem is without me spending time with you and your family.
THE IMPACT OF TECHNOLOGY
One potential cause for sleep problems may be the technology we use to help and entertain us during the course of the day. It may make life more enjoyable and easier but it does come with side effects. There are 3 main ways that technology impacts your child’s sleep:
- The light our electronic devices emit actually suppress melatonin production which is the key sleep inducing hormone our body produces. Anything that has a white, blue, green or pink light should be avoided.
- The devices are mentally and physically stimulating
- When we let our children use devices in bed or even in their bedroom, then we create a learned association of the space being a place for study or socialising and not a place for sleeping.
Dr. Charles Czeisler, Harvard Medical School Division of Sleep Medicine recently said that, “Electric light emitted by most devices signal to the brain that it is daytime. When we let our children use these devices before getting ready for bed, they supress the nightly release of melatonin in the brain shifting the child’s internal clock.
HOW GLOW DREAMING HELPS
- Glow Dreaming uses red LED light therapy. Much like the light emitted by technology tells the brain its daytime, red LED light therapy tells the brain it’s time for bed. By mimicking the colours associated with sunset it helps combat the impact of technology and readjusts our children’s internal clocks.
- Twinkle Star organic medicinal grade essential oil helps calm and relax the most active mind and bodies. By utilising ultrasonic technology rather than heat to turn the water and essential oil into mist Glow Dreaming ensures Twinkle Star reaches the brain within 22 seconds. Twinkle Star is made from proven calming and sleep inducing pure essential oils. Being organic and medicinal grade the purity of the essential oils being used by Glow Dreaming is unrivalled in the industry. .
Glow Dreaming continues to grow as a company and has well and truly proven itself as the most effective way to help children and even adults get the sleep they need.